Here are some ways to determine if you've become a Washingtonian!
1) When you find excuses to get out of visiting your friends that live in Virginia.
2) When you refer to your home state as “the district”.
3) When you feel angered by someone standing on the left side of the escalator.
4) When you keep the one weird friend around because he or she has a car.
5) When you won’t go to H street because it’s “just too hard to get to”.
6) Ikea is no longer an excuse to visit Maryland.
7) When you’re on a first name basis with the neighborhood homeless person (RIP Pete).
8) When you learn how to avoid the clipboarders... “Can I ask you one question” – “No! Stranger Danger”
9) When you know where to stand for the metro doors open.
10) When you have figured out how to find a cab after hours in Adams Morgan.
11) When you can identify an intern by the inappropriate attire or the color of the badge they're wearing.
12) When you refer to neighborhoods as “up and coming” or “gentrified”.
13) When you have paid more in parking tickets than your car payment/student loan.
14) When you can name the differences between DC cupcake stores.
15) When you hate people who ride bikes or segways.
16) When you base your morning commute on whether or not Congress is in session
17) When you don't flinch at the bar tab, but you flinch at gas prices
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by woody (see all)
- Giveaway: Tickets to the DC Screening of Need for Speed Movie - February 28, 2014
- Favorite Foods of the US Presidents’ - February 17, 2014
- 11 Congressional Valentine’s Day Cards - February 11, 2014