Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
The Association of the United States Navy (AUSN) a 501 (C) – (19) War Veterans Organization, seeks a
Manager of Communications & Public Affairs.
Job Description: The Manager Communications & Public Relations is responsible for designing and
implementing a comprehensive communications strategy for AUSN.
This position reports to the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer.
The person in this position will:
• Create an annual communications plan for the Association magazine (Navy), website, electronic
newsletters, and social media.
• Provide daily update to the news section of the AUSN website.
• Provide Navy and civilian media outlets timely press releases highlighting the legislative and other work
of AUSN on behalf of Sailors and the Navy.
• Create and distribute weekly e-newsletters.
• Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter for Midshipmen and Friends of the Navy.
• Utilize social media – Facebook, Twitter, and Linked-in, to enhance the story of AUSN.
• Serve as the principle Assistant Editor of Navy, researching, collecting articles, and designing basic
content and layout for the assistant editor graphics and production.
• Coordinate with AUSN’s outside consultant for marketing, branding, and web design.
• Continuously update contact lists for Navy leadership, Congressional offices, and corporate sponsors.
Qualifications (The person in this position must have):
• A bachelor’s degree. Degree in communications, marketing or journalism a plus.
• Public relations experience. Congressional/Department of Defense communications experience a plus.
• Familiarity with the Defense Industry. Experience with Navy programs a plus.
• Project management experience.
• Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, and Linked-in.
• Drive and determination to succeed.
• Excellent communications skills, strong analytical ability and good judgment.
• Interpersonal teamwork skills.
Scope and location: The position is available full time. Offices with parking are located at 1619 King Street,
Alexandria, VA 22314.
Travel: limited, local area within 50 mile radius.
Salary: In $50,000-$60,000 range depending on qualifications.
POC (send Resume and Cover Letter):
RADM Casey W. Coane 703 548-5800. Fax: 703 683-3647
Have a job you'd like us to post? Send it in!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Giveaway: DC Screening of Pride - September 29, 2014
- Week 40: Round up of DC Jobs - September 29, 2014
- GIVEAWAY: Hector and the Search for Happiness DC Screening - September 18, 2014