With the new year comes the chance to reflect on how to become a better version of oneself. Obvi wardrobe should factor heavily into this evaluation. To strive for a better and more upgraded model of existence (assuming we survive post 12/21), I recommend the following 3 tenets for 2013:
(1) Seek more style inspiration
Even the most fashionable among us need muses--make it a habit to keep up on looks that you aspire to achieve
- check out fashion blogs on the reg (whether you are male or female)
- google celebs with enviable style and try to replicate their look
- save all inspirational pics in a folder on your desktop & review before any shopping trip--> keeping a stylistic focus is key!
(2) Realize that fit is everything
Proper tailoring can make a cheap piece look pricey and an expensive piece look low budget
- when in doubt about how something should fit, utilize google to find the answer
- find an experienced tailor--so worth the investment!
- know what flatters your body type--> even if a style is trending, step away if it doesn't suit your figure
(3) Confidence is king
Pulling off a risky ensemble requires the ultimate "I'm so major" attitude
- if you aren't buying into your own look, why should you expect the same from anybody else
- everyone needs to practice the "fake it until you make it" mentality
- exception: this will not work if you are rocking crocs, sweatpants, or commuter sneakers in public (etc. etc.)