- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Assorted jimmies
- Green, white and red Air Heads candies
Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with jimmies. If necessary, microwave candies on high for 3- to 5-second intervals to soften. Form green candies into champagne bottles. Cut squares from white candies to form labels; press gently onto bottles to attach. Brush bottle tops with pearl dust.
Shape white candy into champagne flutes. Cut thin strips of red candies; twist to form streamers. Decorate cupcakes with bottles, champagne flutes and streamers as desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: varies.
Originally published as New Year's Eve Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter , p12/28/2009
Latest posts by Publius (see all)
- Tonight (5/16): Midnight Snack and B Side Shuffle at The Dunes - May 12, 2013
- This Saturday: B Side Shuffle EP Release Party at Velvet Lounge - April 21, 2013
- New Year’s Eve Cupcakes Recipe - December 29, 2012