Okay movie fans, it's time for OUR Super Bowl. That's right, next Sunday (March 2 at 8 PM on ABC) is the 2014 Academy Awards! So we at Cloture Club, always ones to make our favorite nights extra special, decided to come up with our own Oscars Drinking Game! Like you needed an excuse anyways.
For our drinking game, it doesn't matter who you're rooting for. All that matters is that you have your favorite beer, wine, or mixed drink handy because things are going to get crazy (especially if McConaughey's alright alright alright has anything to say about it).
We'll be live tweeting and calling out drinks from our @ClotureClub handle using the hashtag #OscarsDrink. Follow @ClotureClub
Rules: Like any other drinking game, one drink equates to a gulp. Some events require two drinks.
Drink one time if:
- Whenever Ellen starts dancing.
- Anytime someone fawns over Meryl Streep
- If someone stumbles while going to accept their award. Drink 2 if they wipe out (a la Jennifer Lawrence)
- If someone cries while accepting their award
- For every time Matthew McConaughey says "alright"
Drink two if:
- When an award winner says "I am the captain now"
- If a presenter butchers a nominee's name (like Chiwetel Ejiofor or Lupita Nyong'o)
- Finish your drink and start crawling around if Leonardo Dicaprio wins for best actor
- Keep drinking and pretend like you don't know where you are if Cate Blanchett wins for her performance in Blue Jasmine.
- The camera pans to Jennifer Lawrence for a reaction, drink 2 and scream "I Volunteer"
FunCheap.com - "Cloture Club put together the best drinking game we've found"
Latest posts by Lauren Bradshaw (see all)
- Our Interview With Michelle Monaghan For Her New Film FORT BLISS! - September 18, 2014
- Our Interview With Ned Benson, Director Of “The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby”!! - September 17, 2014
- GIVEAWAY! 30 Pairs Of Tickets For A Screening Of “Two Night Stand”! - September 13, 2014